Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

On holiday visitors

This is the season of mass mailing, of mass shopping, and of gaining personal mass. It is also the season of mass family visitation. Today, we had only a little notice that soon our home would be invaded by a Mongol horde (relatives).

My wife and I had to spring into action in order to make our house look slightly less like a crime scene. We engaged in what my wife refers to as “fifty-two pick-up” and I call “throw every loose item in sight into the nearest closet, cabinet, or drawer where it will remain until the next time we move when we will unload the closets, cabinets, and drawers into cardboard boxes and say, at least, one hundred times per hour, “I wondered where this had gone!””

Her title is snappier. Mine is more accurate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home