Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

On Brunch

The family went out for Brunch today. I like Brunch. It is a wonderful combination of my favorite foods at a more humane time of the day. The name is even kind of fun and whimsical. “Leakfast” just doesn’t have the same panache.

When I used to work a lot of nights, I often ate "Brupper" at around midnight. Eating breakfast foods late at night is a real treat. It is almost as much fun as watching the odd assortment of strange people who are eating it with you. Of course, they probably were thinking the same thing about me.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Jan said...

Of course, "Brupper" is a regionalism--there are some parts of the country for which an omelet and a fruit cup in the evening would be considered "Brinner."

"Leakfast" sounds like the name of a plumber's product applied to defective pipes.

11/12/05 3:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Leakfast . . . what a wonderful word. I may invent a religion just so I can take part in a leakfast.

11/12/05 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home